Springport Bible Property and Building use Agreement
Springport Bible Church owns certain real estate, including all SBC buildings and grounds, all of which is used to promote its religious purposes. SBC seeks to exercise wise stewardship over all aspects of the Property. Such stewardship may include occasional guest use from time to time for purposes consistent with the Church religious purposes and doctrinal beliefs. Based on these considerations, the Church shall allow use of its Real Estate by others in accordance with the following requirements and guidelines.
1. Decision-making authority. SBC Elders shall make decisions as needed regarding the use of the Church’s Real Estate, all in the best interests of the Church.
2. Doctrinal Restrictions. SBC Real Estate may be used only for purposes and in ways consistent with the Church’s doctrinal beliefs as reflected in the Bible, the Church’s Statement of faith and its Bylaws, and otherwise, particularly with respect to sexual activity standards and other conduct. SBC shall be the final decision-maker regarding whether any use is in conformity with, or contrary to, the Church’s religious doctrine.
3. Springport Bible may request donations or charge for cost-sharing contributions (“fees”) in order to defray the estimated cost of facility use. No such fees shall be charged with any impermissible view to profit, and any and all fees are subject to waiver or reduction based on the prospective user’s financial need.
4. Springport Bible’s Elders shall be responsible for memorializing guest facility use. Such written agreements shall include identification of the religious purposes served by a guest’s facility usage, with appropriate Scripture references (e.g., worship, strengthening families, outreach to the lost).
5. Insurance coverage shall be maintained for all uses of the Church’s Real Estate, including certificates of coverage from other users as appropriate.
6. The SBC Elders and Deacons shall be responsible for communicating these requirements and other guidelines to all prospective guests of the Real Estate.
Guest Signature__________________________________ Date_________________
Elder Signature__________________________________ Date_________________
Link to printable form